Sunday, March 06, 2005

Bowling

Went bowling yesterday with a couple people from my floor. It was only 5 pin, but it was still really fun. I was actually able to bowl a 187, which is probably the highest score I've ever gotten in 5-pin bowling. For one game, I tried to play in different ways, so I bowled like Fred Flinstone and whatnot... didn't do too well, but I somehow made it over 100pts still... so I have to wonder how I never got over 100 before?? or maybe I have?? But yeah, most of the ppl that I went with have never played bowling before and watching them play was really interesting, to say the least. :)

Today, for church, we sent off an HMS missionary team from Vanguard college to China, which is an annual event. It's always awesome to have them come and do their drama's, testimonies and their attempted singing in mandarin. :) (Though, I think they speak better mandarin than me, haha, sigh). None of the students were chinese, naturally, so it was really cool. And God Bless them as they head over to China for a 6-week short-term mission trip. After service, we all went over to Wok King for lunch, and being at a table with a bunch of caucasions who don't eat chinese food often is... interesting. A lot of them, mainly the older generation, the parents that came to see their kids performances, were extremely picky in how/what they eat. One of them even scooped out fish and shrimp from the congee and left the congee... interesting... But yeah, that meant more food for us though, hehe. :)

No comments: