Monday, March 14, 2005

Curling

Well, went Curling for the first time in my life on Saturday. It was pretty good, if only I wasn't sick... but since I had already paid a week before, I decided I might as well go. And if I wasn't sick, and feeling light-headed, I may have actually remembered that curling... happens on an icy surface... which means that the place will be pretty chilly... but I ended up wearing a t-shirt cause it was so nice outside. HA... so I curled with my jacket on, hehe... which really hampers you.
But it was still a pretty cool experience... it's really hard to measure how hard you need to throw the rock... I either overshot the target or never made it to the target, haha, unless I hit other rocks. :) It's also really hard to tell whether or not you should sweep or not... and usually when we finally realized that we needed to sweep, it was too late to made a big enough difference. sigh...
Oh and one more thing about curling... if you want to kick or even pretend to kick somebody... USE THE FOOT THAT HAS THE SLIDER ON IT!! Cause if you keep the foot with the slider on the ice and kick with your other foot, you are going to wipe out big time, hehe... which I did... but at least I didn't hit my head like one of my friends. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you go curling and how much did it cost?

Geo said...

Ummm, we went to Saville? Sports Center near Foote Field. I paid 10 dollars... but I don't know if there was a group rate or anything, cause there was like 50 of us from I-house that went. But we played from 2:30-6:00. So I don't think it's that expensive??