Seweet. 10 wins in the past 11. Tied for first in the Northwest Division alongside the Vancouver Canucks. 4th in the Western Conference (granted, we've played more games than most teams... but if those teams were to win those games to match games played with the Flames, we'd still be 6th in the West) We're also 8-2-0 against Division rivals (Vancouver, Edmonton, Colorado and Minnesota), which will be a huge bonus since we play up to 1/4 of the overall games against them. Crappy thing is we play the Eastern teams so little. Which means that Phaneuf (who really deserves a Calder) will likely be overlooked by those Eastern voters who never pay attention to what happens in the west.
Anyways, I finally finished collecting all my pins for the Flames 25th Anniversary Pin Collection. No more having to go to Esso or Max every couple days, haha. I'm so happy I found a Jarome Iginla pin though. I didn't think they would be sold in such greater numbers than every other pin, so I had to drive to 4 different places just to find one. But, I finally found one, so my collection is complete.
The collection seems pretty good. Seems they got a good list together for the top 24 players all-time. Though, I have to say that my favorite all-time Flame will have to be Theoren Fleury. What about you guys?
My All-star line up would be like so: Not based on skill, but on my liking them.
1st team:
Theoren Fleury - Joe Nieuwendyk - Jarome Iginla
Al MacInnis - Gary Suter
Mike Vernon
2nd team:
Gary Roberts - Doug Gilmour - Joel Otto
Robyn Regehr - Dion Phaneuf
Miikka Kiprusoff
3rd team:
Tim Hunter - Lanny McDonald - Joe Mullen
Paul Reinhart - Phil Housley
Fred Braithwaite
Oh, and it's Pizza day tomorrow. We're getting pizza from this place in the NE called Coco Brooks or something like that. And I hear that they are REALLY good, and they have really unique pizzas. I'll let you know how it is after tomorrow. I ordered an Egg and Bacon pizza... wonder how that will turn out, haha.
7 comments:
don't you like your pizzas with pink kryptonite?
hehe..mmm ive been going to school alot more since the princpal has talked to me =)
ooooo, pink...i like. So girly...i knew pink was your favorite colour too.
Aiyah!... Buddy, since when did u like pink? hee hee!... (sorry I didn't read ur blog, yet again :p)
Yeah, but they're both playing in the east, where there is no defence to talk about, so it's easier for them to get their points. But Phaneuf is coming in as a defenceman and man, any other year, he'd have won it hands down by this part of the season.
Vancouver won tonight, so they're back up at first place again, unless Calgary wins tomorrow night.
Go Oilers!!!
Bias flames fan...haha
Post a Comment