Monday, November 14, 2005

Bruised and Battered

Oh man, I'm so sore. I'm so glad I don't start work till Thursday, haha, so I still have 3 days to recuperate. Recuperate from what you ask? Well, first off, my ego will be forever shattered from snowboarding on Friday, haha. 25% of me thinks I should give snowboarding more of a chance, especially since I bought the Sunshine card this year and have the potential of going at least a couple more times this year. The other 75% thinks that I should just purchase my own skiing equipment so I won't be tempted to try snowboarding ever again, haha. But I have to admit that snowboarding/skiing conditions were great on Friday (except for the ridiculously long line ups - - it took us over an hour just to purchase lift tickits) and that it was fun going snowboarding with a bunch of friends. But snowboarding hurts. I was bruised and battered after Friday from falling every so often and I still can only go heel, no toe. Everytime I tried to go toe, I would flip on my face, sigh.
I also ended up missing YAC (whoops, bad example) but there was no way I was going to make it on time, so I figured that it was better to go for dinner with the people I went snowboarding with instead of showing up late, hehe. Shockingly, even though I was bruised and battered, I ended up going to play hockey that same night. It was good, I actually did not feel overly tired or sore and it was a good day of cardio for me, haha.
Then on Sunday, we ended up going to go play some football again. Luckily, not tackle since there was no snow whatsoever, and the ground was like frozen solid. But on my first run of the day, I ended up having both my feet slip out underneath me while I tried to dodge Kingston and ended up wiping out really badly, sigh, more bruises. Luckily, I didn't wipe out face first when Sarah came after me and threw the football right between my feet (while I was running), sigh... never block a pass going for her again, haha, she's CRAZY!!! :P
But there you have it. All bruised and battered from a weekend of some awesome sporting events. :P I don't regret any of it, haha, except maybe choosing to go snowboarding instead of skiing. :P

4 comments:

Havok said...

Skipping Yac? You're backsliding... :) If you wanted to show up on time, you could've came back with Leo...he made it! :)

Jonny said...

Hey good for you man! Where're you working?

Geo said...

I'll be working at Samaritans Purse till Christmas. :P Handling the monetary donations coming in with the shoeboxes.

Jenny said...

so how was your first day at work?
learn lots of new things??

by the way..your dad was really confused about the time of the lesson...it was funny...:P