Sunday, May 27, 2007

Summertime... is supposed to be relaxing...

So, I finished my CPR instructor course today... so far so good. I passed all the training aspects of the class and I have all the resources I need to teach. But, all I need to do now is to teach a class while being monitored by an experienced instructor in order to become fully registered as a CPR instructor. But, I probably won't be teaching a course till July at the earliest cause of my busy busy June. But I will have to start looking over all the planning required to teach so that I become really knowledgable about my subject so that it will be easier to plan and teach a CPR course!

Tuesday... I start my Ambulance Practicum. Extremely nervous... really scared. But, it should be all good. Just need to get the first few shifts out of the way and then I'll probably wish my practicum never ends! :P I'm really hoping my preceptors are good and nice though... every year... at least 5 people get preceptors that are just horrible, so... here's hoping I get good ones! But because of the shift that I'm on... I'll be missing quite a bit of church in the month of June. But oh well... might as well get used to it!

Next Monday... not tomorrow... I start my job at the Childrens Hospital! lol. 48 hours per week on my practicum, and for the first 2 weeks of June... 16 and 24 hours each week at the Childrens as well. :P Going to be so tired... but it should be really good. I need to get busy again. I've been so unmotivated since... since... forever!

I've started passing the torch over to Tanya to lead VBS now that I've got them started in the right direction, and so far... I have not been disappointed. They all seem to be stepping up and slowly getting things done. They are all learning and a BIT more willingness to learn would be nice, hehe... but they're learning. Hopefully, now that I've found additional mentors for each one of them... they should be able to gain additional experience and ideas from them and incase they can't find me during June, they'll at least have people to help them through it all! So, thank God that all seems to be fitting together right now! Now, to hope I start sleeping WELL again and that I will have enough energy and strength to make it through June (at the very least... won't even worry about July and August yet!).

Time to go and make a difference! :P Through saving lives... teaching others how to save lives... and training the youth to become future leaders!! All without killing myself in the progress! Fun Fun!!

2 comments:

Jonny said...

That is so freaking exciting!

Havok said...

it's not summer yet :)

so it's ok to be busy now haha

and you'll be fine because you haven't had the most hectic schedule in awhile so i guess it's good for you to be a little stressed during the summer! :)