Tuesday, September 05, 2006

End of Summer with September Long Weekend!

WARNING: LONG BLOG But it has photos and videos throughout to make it lighter-reading material. :P

First off, I would like to apologize for my tardiness to the blogging community, lol. However, I would like to state that the final VBS photos have finally been uploaded as well as the Summer Camp photos. Check the My Photos link for those. Also, the YAC: Competition Night Videos have also been uploaded. Check the My Videos link for those.

Now, on to the blog. This summer went by extremely quick compared to normal, most likely because this was the first year I didn't actually have a summer job since I graduated from High School. However, it was still extremely enjoyable and memorable. DVBS was awesome as always and seeing the youth step into a leadership role makes this year that much cooler. Summer Camp was great, it wasn't a spritual high type of summer camp, but it was just an overall nice and peaceful time of growth. Otherwise, the rest of the summer was spent just relaxing with a bunch of hang-outs, with a TON of BBQs, time spent mingling with South Gate, with a pinch of golfing, tennis and rollerblading and finally Flora and AC's wedding! I hope I havn't missed anything important, lol. But, I think the most memorable part of this summer was watching the Youth grow! :P

Now, on to the September Long Weekend. Started off really interesting with the YAC: Competition Night (reminder: videos have been posted at My Videos link), though I thought it was more passive then what we used to have. I mean, nobody puked at the table this year! :P Then, we went to Chili's for dinner and ended up seeing a HUGE insect (possibly a cockroach)!

Seen here beside Andrew's Shoe!


Seen here beside Sarah Chans Hand!


Saturday started off with a NICE, LONG 12-HOUR sleep for me, lol. Which naturally cancelled all my plans for studying, lol. We then had ALL-You-Can-Eat-Sushi and Korean BBQ where we got to see Emmanuel Yuen for the first time. :P And naturally, got to stuff our faces with sushi, oysters and ofcourse topping it off with a TON of Tapioca Milk! lol. After this, we rushed off to COP to get in some good ol' Mini-Golfing and boy were we rushed, lol... we spent 20 minutes casually going through the first 4 holes... and then spent the last 20 minutes rushing through the last 14 holes before they closed on us, lol.

Hmmm... the quality didn't seem to turn out very good after I uploaded this video to Google Video. Majority of the times, you see us putting nothing!!


We ended Saturday night watching a classic in TWINS at my place, lol. Which leads us to Sunday. After church, and after lunch... we ended up heading over to visit Darren at PTH and then we went 10-Pin Bowling! Great times, but my forearm is still sore, lol. After that, we came back to my place again for BBQ (Steak and Corn, what more could you ask for, lol). We then had a great conversation about things that will not be mentioned, lol. Played Balderdash, Scattergories and Mario Party and then somehow ended up in a MASSIVE PILLOW FIGHT that lasted probably OVER an hour, lol. It's actually kinda funny how Our Lady Peace - Innocent was playing in the background at this moment. "We are, We are all innocent" lol... no we arn't! :P



You'll notice in that video that we had to open the basement door because it got so hot and stuffy in the basement with us sweating to death, lol. HOWEVER, this proved to bring us an interesting turn of events, lol. We were actually all gathered around my computer watching the above video when I felt something moving on my foot and when I looked down... this is what I saw ON MY FOOT!



These next few videos will pretty much sumarize the rest of the event, lol. Though, I clarify now, my reaction when I first saw the Newt on my foot was 'What the Crap!... not a high-pitched girly scream!! :P







And in the end... I checked with my neighbours and it is not theirs. In fact, according to them, they saw a dozen or 2 of them walking on the road near the Hamptons golf course, so now we know that it was in fact a wild one. So, we released it back to the wilds... or... actually... the Hamptons field near the Hamptons school, lol.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The song described me well because I wasn't involved in the pillow fights according to your vids! :)

Anonymous said...

AAHHH.... if i knew it was sooo cute i would have taken it!!...

Anonymous said...

lol, what are you talking about, King? You were so in it at the beginning of the vid!! :P

Sarah, if you want, you can come up to the hamptons and walk around the field... if my neighbour saw more than a dozen of them wandering the streets, I'm sure you'll find one of them. :P

Anonymous said...

whoooaaa... that thing was way bigger than I was expecting from the stories... :P :)

Anonymous said...

ummmm...that guy only LOOKS like me...it's not me though..I swear!!! :)