Saturday, August 19, 2006

Summer Camp "Re:Focus" 2006

WOW, was camp ever awesome this year. I didn't know what to expect going in BUT I was really worried about Social and Devos and whether or not I had everything we needed in equipment. But everything worked out REALLY well! Social was a success, everyone participated without complaining but with eagerness and everyone appeared to have a lot of fun and it seemed like all the youth bonded with even the older ones. The weather was wonderful, PTL, and the Lake time was just awesome (though we do need more water trampolines than just that small little one). Devos... ah devos... according to others and whatnot it seems to have been good as well, though I still wonder about it. I know I did what I could and I just hope I let the Holy Spirit guide me enough throughout. But I sure hope that the kiddies got what they needed out of it and that they were able to bond together more and be willing to open up to one another and become more accountable to one another. And equipment, wow, PTL that I packed some things that we ALMOST didn't bring because it didn't seem like we would need it, lol. Like the Keyboard and the Bass amp... which the chinese side ended up using as they moved to the small chapel for their services!

But yeah, it was such an AWESOME camp. Even though I only got approximately 16 hours of sleep throughout the entire camp I felt refreshed and had the energy to make it through the days, and at times I even had an overabundance of energy! Though, I did crash during the last bit of the Friday morning service, lol, it's the prayer in chinese that did me in, lol. But wow, that Prayer Room was just awesome! Fell asleep there too, lol, almost toppled over while praying in that little tent, lol... luckily Crys was there and woke me up. :P But seeing the youth open up in that prayer room and just seeing their hearts pour out upon the walls and the cries for the lost on the net was just AWESOME!

The sermons were good as well, they weren't as powerful (shall I say) as some of the past camp sermons, but they hit home. They make you think and then they allow you to apply it to your own life. We were CREATED unique and we were CREATED to achieve GREATNESS! Not for failure. We were CHOSEN because of our GREATNESS! Not our failures. Life is a JOURNEY, even though that has been taught so often, it didn't hit home till you realize that we still go by the Point A - Point B thinking and man... it really does constrain you with that type of though pattern. We were CREATED unique with our own GIFTS. Gifts to SERVE GOD with. Do not CHANGE who you are to SERVE HIM, but ALLOW God to ENHANCE your gifts to SERVE HIH better! We need not be PERFECT in the eyes of others, but we need to be in TUNE with Him! So much that I have KNOWN before, but somehow never really took to heart till now. Biggest change this camp... probably the fact that the walls are slowly crumbling down and the gaps and holes are being filled with HIS Love! WOW, camp was AWESOME!

Anyways, blog getting long... so yeah. These are photos of certain spots in the prayer room. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I find it encouraging to look at and I hope it is to you as well. I will upload camp photos at another date later this week.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear this camp really impacted you man

Anonymous said...

cool...it's gonna be hard to forget what we learn during the sermons eh?

thanks for taking pics of the prayer room...:P It still doesn't give it justice does it...you really have to be there:P

Anonymous said...

The prayer room looked awesome.

Anonymous said...

yea... you had to see the room when there were people using it esp... :P :)

Anonymous said...

When are you going to post pics?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, been busy... too many dinner engagements and such with Janet around... and then school started and all these hang-outs and bday parties before ppl head back to UofA and school and whatnot... hopefully by tomorrow (Friday). But I warn you now, I didn't take too many.