Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Amazing Year Part II

So, the Flames had an amazing year the last time the NHL was around and was one game away from winning the stanley cup. And ofcourse, for those that still care... they were one goal that should have counted away from winning the cup. But oh well... not much you can do about it now.
But anyways...
This year they started off horrendously going something like 4-10-2 in the first 2 months. Since then, they have clinched a playoff spot... have a 100+ point season for the first time since '91... currently hold top spot in the uber-tough northwest division (and only need ONE more point to clinch that division title) - which they have not won since the '95 season... Mikka Kiprusoff is most likely going to win the Vezina trophy for top goalie... Dion Phaneuf may be overshadowed by Ovechkin and Crosby but is still one of the best rookie defenceman to come into this league in a VERY long time (some say he might be a finalist for the Norris trophy {top d-man in the league} but I doubt it)... and currently they will win the Jennings award for the team with the lowest gaa in the league (though they only have a 0.04 lead over Ottawa with 3 games left)...
Most of our players are coming off the injury list... so we should be relatively healthy at the start of the playoffs which will be a huge plus as we are 13-3-3 or something like that when we have all of our top-6 dmen playing in the same game. It's too bad we'll be missing Marcus Nilson though, cause he is huge defensively along with Yelle. Otherwise, we should do well in the playoffs as we have been playing well against all other playoff contenders currently. Detroit and Dallas we can match (and since there isn't a shootout in the playoffs, we'll be fine against them!!), Anaheim, San Jose, Colorado and Edmonton we can beat and have beaten as of late. Nashville was the biggest doubt for us, but now that Vokoun is out for the season, they should be easy pickings with a minor leaguer as their #1 Goalie. Vancouver, well, let's just hope they don't make it to the playoffs. LET'S GO OILERS!! just till the playoffs begin. :P And I guess, LET's GO SHARKS as well, beat those cannots in your home and home!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

> (some say he might be a finalist for the Norris trophy {top d-man in the league} but I doubt it)...

That the first time I have seen someone use brackets inside brackets.

Anonymous said...

Do I get blog points for it??

Anonymous said...

Yes you can have ten blog points (and by ten I mean 5 {and by 5 I mean none}) for being so great (and by great, I mean normal {and by normal, I mean weird}). :P :)

Anonymous said...

lol ok this blog is getitng weird and confusing....:P

Anonymous said...

oh wait--no wonder--it's Geo's blog...:)

Anonymous said...

do I get blog points for slamming Geo? :)

Anonymous said...

Ummm, if you're going to slam me. Could you at least do it for intrinsic rewards instead of extrinsic ones please??

And there's nothing weird about my blog. :P

Anonymous said...

interesting.....i dont know what else to say
should go back to studying now...

Anonymous said...

I was referring to the comments in the blog entry...not necessarily the blog itself.....you do have a nice layout after all! :)

Anonymous said...

> you do have a nice layout after all! :)

I agree, you have nice layout (and by nice, I mean normal {and by normal I mean ugly})... :P :) jk...

hey this is like what ron powell was saying about starting with a compliment and then doing the backhand... it's actually really fun :)

Anonymous said...

ouch!! that's harsh man....but since it's coming from Jackson...it's not that bad(by bad I mean okay{and by okay I mean funny}).:P

Anonymous said...

and by okay i mean mean...and by mean i mean normal from Jackson...and by....

Anonymous said...

Hey, are you guys picking on my cousin? I'm the only one who can do that.:p

It looks like your hopes for the playoffs is granted.

Anonymous said...

Guess who I saw today Karen? I bumped into our long lost cousin at TD today. He seems a lot thinner than usual... but he says he'll be going to Hong Kong to get his citicenship (sp?) and possibly get work there. Interesting, guess we'll see him even less now, haha.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up working in Hong Kong but it's probably only going to be a year. That's my guess, depending if he likes it there. He has family there too. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Happy Easter!