Wednesday, May 11, 2005

South Corea - Seoul

Well, I went, I saw and I experienced South Korea. :P And no, I didn't mispell Corea/Korea in the title. Apprently, Korea was supposed to be spelt with a C. However, Japan didn't want Korea to be ahead of Japan alphabetically, so they changed it.

Anyways, I enjoyed my short time in South Korea, mainly just in and around Seoul. And the impressions that I got were:
1) They are Hi-Tech... yet Trashy... (basically, their technological revolution happened so fast that they didn't really upgrade... rather they just patched in all the new stuff over their old stuff. So, you have your hi-tech towers right beside your stereotypical medal sheds and such...)
2) They are Well-Dressed... yet Tacky... (basically, clothing styles are either tacky for North American standards or all suits and dress clothes.)
3) They are really clean. (For such a large city with so many inhabitants, they are really clean.)
4) They are honorable and respectful.
Hmmm... those are my impressions... though it doesn't really explain an entire society and culture.
But I guess the best thing about the trip to Korea was the food (Korean BBQ, Korean Hot Pot and too much kimchi), and the best thing was that we got a lot of it because we were on a tour. :P I guess, briefly, we saw an old Palace of a long-gone dynasty, A Korean Folk Village, the Seoul World Cup Stadium and Everland Theme Park.
And since I mentioned the best things of the trip, I guess I'll have to mention the worst thing. And that would have to be the 11 hour flight from Vancouver to Seoul... Especially since I have a very difficult time... actually, pratically an impossible time sleeping on a plane. So, I ended up being awake for over 22 hours... which made me quite tired during the time in Korea.

Anyways, I am now in Hong Kong, and will be here till Saturday, when we then head over to tour Japan for a week. So, time to shop for some hi-tech gadgets and work on my horrible chinese. :P

3 comments:

Havok said...

wow, i didn't know you were such an expert on north american fashion....lol j/k

hope u're having a blast in east asia :P

jbong said...

aww hahahh kingston...so mean.hehe:)

SO Geo, have fun wherever you are!

and dont forget to buy me stuff:D

haha just jokes! (er...actually not really) hahaha
JUST JOKES HEHEHE

..i think im on a sugar high...or chocolate high. ...i feel sick.

how long are you gone for?

Anonymous said...

it's time to hook them up lol....