Well, the long weekend is over now... and like the title suggests, there were good, bad and ugly things over that period.
The Good:
I got to hang out with a lot of friends (new and old) and had an awesome time over the weekend. Saw some HS friends on thursday and met some new ppl as well, ended up eating quite a lot that day, hehe, but we did watch the Incredibles and that was a pretty good movie. We had a pretty awesome time on Saturday as, surprise surprise, Philip organized his first ever event, hehe. :) Everybody seemed to have a really great time during and after dinner at Chianti's, where we ended up having a sorta-arcade like atmosphere at my house. We had the PS2 Karaoke Revolutions 3 (with duets and knockouts) being the most popular item, but we also had another PS2 hooked up to some DDR pads and even to that new drum thingy. We also had a couple ppl playing poker and card games and such, and overall it was just a really fun, loose and relaxing night. Which was great, cause most of the ppl there had spent their time before dinner studying and working on school work. BUT probably the most surprising thing over this long weekend was that I actually got some school work done over that time. :) hehe. Now, if only I would get more done on a regular basis while I'm up here in Edmonton, that would be awesome... if only...
The Bad:
As with all long weekends, or with anytime I find myself back in Calgary during school time, I'm more sleep deprived then ever. hehe. Whoever said that long weekends are meant for recuperation and rest was way off the mark, cause I never get enough rest. And I seem to always use more money then I usually do over that time as well. Though most of it was worth it, good food, good movies, good... well, mostly food, hehe. Oh, and I sure can't sing and boy is my reaction time really slow as proven by DDR, hehe.
The Ugly:
Unfortunately, not everything was nice and peachy over this long weekend as my dad ended up going into the hospital. However, it is still unknown what the true cause of his pain is, but hopefully all will be well. And hopefully my mom will be alright and not stressed over this as well, now that both me and my sister are living away from home and my dad in the hospital... but yeah, God is in control and all will work out according to His will.
1 comment:
hey geoff we're here for you.
Post a Comment