Monday, October 30, 2006

Refused Hockey Tickets!!

Oh wow... the more I think about it... the more I think I'm crazy!! lol. I can't believe I actually refused FLAMES tickets today. Granted... I have an exam tomorrow and I need to study for it. That on its own should make it clear that I'm not totally crazy, cause it means I put my priorities in the proper place. Studies first before Entertainment. But with the game starting in less than an hour... I'm starting to think I should have went, lol. I mean, honestly... Alexander Ovechkin is in town... his only appearance probably for the next 3 years. And probably my best and only chance of going to a hockey game this year. AND the craziest thing of it all... the game is on Sportsnet tonight... and guess what? I'll be watching at home ANYWAYS!! So that led me to wonder... why DID I refuse those tickets? Granted, I was in the process of studying when I was told I could have them and my mind was focused on studying and being prepared for tomorrow... but I had already planned to watch the game on tv anyways... so the time slot was left open for it anyways!!

Perhaps it's because it is just a regular season game... and I'm saying JUST a regular season game only because I've been to a playoff game now. And thinking back to last season... the 2 games I went to in the regular season just wan't as entertaining or interesting as that one playoff game or any of the other regular season games I've been to over the years. Guess my expectations for hockey games have been elevated now... I still watch and listen to most of the Flames games... but watching/listening on my own or with a small group of friends seems to be more of what I want then going to a live game. So, it's not purely on expectation for watching hockey games, cause I still watch them. Just when it comes to live hockey games... maybe it's the environment... you would expect a better crowd and environment. The nose-bleeds have great environment, but horrible view of the actual game itself. And the lower-bowl and second floor (where the tickets were for tonight) are mainly season ticket holders that go to most of the games and seem to hold their A-games for the playoffs or games that truly matter. Maybe that's why?

Either way... I still think I'm crazy!! lol. But I don't regret the decision. Studying is important and even if I watch the game at home, I can still work on studying and do more things during intermissions or what not, whereas at a live game, I'd be unable to do anything else.

Blah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would've passed on the those tix too! :P

Anonymous said...

You are crazy! But they lost, so I guess it was okay.

Next time pass them over to me please:)

Didn't you think of asking Kenric? I thought he was a big fan??

Cheers.

p.s. I hope your studying paid off:)

N

Anonymous said...

I did ask about whether or not we could pass these tickets on to someone else. However, these tickets were not to be passed off. They were company tickets and conditions are that they must be used by an immediate family member only.

As for studying. Yeah, I'd say it paid off. So far, I have had no marks lower than 94%, so I'm quite content. :P Actually... extremely content, lol. And as for missing out on the game... in hindsight, it was a great thing. Being as pissed as I was watching the game at home (they played horrible - so glad Boyd and Prust has been called up), I probably would have been even more pissed off watching that game live.

Comment continues... into the next blog... cuase it was getting too long...

Anonymous said...

94% - that's awesome G! I'm very proud of you :)