Monday, February 13, 2006

Kaput

So... I have now figured that nobody actually reads the 'inspirational' messages. So, Inspirational Tuesdays is now officially kaput.

And an update on my job opportunity. I received a phone call on Friday afternoon, but I missed the call because I was taking a shower, and they never called my cellphone, and I didn't realize that they had left a message on the answer machine. So, I thought nothing about it and left the house for the rest of the day, until my mom notified me of the message that asked me to give them a call back before 7pm that Friday... this was after 9pm on Friday. Sigh, so I gave them a quick call and left a message. I was informed during my interview that the first day of training was most likely going to be today, and I didn't receive a call back from them all weekend... which means that I didn't get the job, cause they didn't bother calling my cell phone, so it couldn't have been important enough as to locate me to notify me before traning, sigh... I'm presuming that I didn't get the job because I didn't put weekends down for availability (because my labs are on every other weekend)... but oh well... that meant that I ended up staying at Jacksons house longer than I would have if I were to have started training today, and I got to finish playing Gauntlet Legends. :P And I agree, that was a really short game, haha.

Oh, and I got a phone call today informing me that I actually did get the job, and that training will now start next tuesday after family day. :P So, all that worrying and checking my phone every half-hour over the weekend (especially while playing football, because I was afraid all the running would make me not notice the phone ringing) was pointless. :P

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job Geoffrey. Remember school comes first before work.

Anonymous said...

> especially while playing football, because I was afraid all the running would make me not notice the phone ringing

I think Jaxsta must have been expecting an important phone call as well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Geo!

Anonymous said...

well done...how many hours r u suppose to work? Is it full time?

Anonymous said...

Man, this Anonymous AKA Holepuncher keeps bashing me... He'd better be careful or I'm going to tell mommy.

BTW, your blog entry was much better than "Inspirational Tuesday" and you were very deceiving by telling us that you didn't get the job, and then you did get the job... hmm... point being, CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

I am not holepuncher, I am Raymond Callitri! You must have low self esteem from not being able to catching the footballs.

Anonymous said...

yes...congrats..
I still can't believe you guys finished gaunlet in one night...

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS GEO

Anonymous said...

Congrats Buddy!

I knew you got the job...
If you didn't, they would have left a message saying that you didn't get the job. Instead, they left one saying to call them back...

by my powers of deduction, I think you got the job...hehehe...but you already knew that.

Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

***Start Transmission - HB Code***
re5Tr OGxB'I e!Jx:O,Aed6fbOOAe3KzvpIfetovixDTO0SH dP:Ae4AS7O,IA j-ie7oUvxper VZ.xByYPObTgp DpxT~He b1- 3CKpup.oYAU dzCeMALuvCI26GDOezWSIQe"KzHXlLzOsxOUeVofCy-Wyil TFHp5pO,Ope!ea2OgIdefpWzSbSX CGkerL,Q1WlreN6xQ 7!e9y,XSBoGGyocJ GaDTwOe LmFqIrerO6SceeWvxOXzAHxOTcQeJIv6Ma KHLeqaxL-RixWJ,RfeHeBreWyW76LRo~Mx7U 8 .T8IeIIq6QN kDhe, ipux yj:OFT"5 bZS?eTpZOPeyL"R.IpexLc2 pieqAo? le 6TcoNtSXTWd :5oS?e?ISOhe:yPFSjomvyg6Je:xKO9A,uiePerkxGTnMe:re4mzHdIKecolpeumo4-pupHAObS0TG!eXOaxxeEIS6BM i"TeJaNLmIMxYJeGIaO:OI,Ugesem
***End Transmission***

Anonymous said...

I thought your Inspirational Tuesdays were very nice Geoffrey. They were... inspirational for me. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

-Mo

Anonymous said...

***Start Transmission - HB Code***
re3b?#LzvnU6QKIFel6#To!Lc WXbeZmOYp8IK vUWT?peJIz6VVLHx?p4eqK Ru1WBiO Sf daIeZretWcPL?P8xKLubupY6W" 5DOTOBeHbUno-aJLD!gxNUe7otha8a0eJIk6Ik uGXeRyDO6fFov1xyU hB#p5,hje2eSjo93lK BoWe.It6vuo2WIJ'pqeZA6k ledLaIpIaewTwEO, QsJpQxa'ITe1T?! BlLy6HOtTnz oe9eWmSuOqm sxfSpaCl,MAezFCeNFen)ee
***End Transmission***

Anonymous said...

***Start Transmission - HB Code***
reAI163bLa?hxiJeSre1WAAOCzj2x,TijegIA6qm cdPe5UabLmdHI0yzd6Wq,tg

rWlIeHlONz#CSYe~ a80xYyu,OmT4w sNlTgVeXbBT Z6LpzpgoB#U lpqebySKOex3IqoJlLq!XxypJeCINAOfePpkmonayM2 BDFp-euLaxKxHePoAMe5SaOwA-SDelp6OxbN3 3mdI"LrVObOu L7CpGe7A6Y6 khExcezlOFzlFe8mOcpgI2-r#e-Io6y- ""De5KakOzUU TZ7S6/pcy5!SeLy2.mIhe7Wn#OdSrbBKp3eiyr!OPxxc MxjS.IheFL8odIteHI5OEezOixE fnce,pumo3hy-7 9K2,5#eNeBG6pY dm3e~ .7jxcyaoOgTa3 VqLSk/TjA hIdy7CO"TNd ~wWSPetAOPSCJpyeGmSEOFm ,9vSCaEl-dCeLKzBDIKeAA6tF Amgxle4lOdz3 eDmO1pVIUesIK67s BgDe.bix m3.pTpgog-U yBDe9O!xQ 9iIe4OZWN1eQIy6Zq B7sewp~mo6fyY. gtDpre.L4MCpjeeSY ni5bYkOXc #EETXkeFKle~Ka1O4UU E-SSk/bhTlehKaIO2UezpHyppSdLLE.mIi,UAe!eLjleAafovApCIieHmO!psIDeNOjx#ejbp6le!KanOJUe2IF6oL -p5ehSZeELYA-pEeEogIexveKo5fxSTE5eZIK6I,oM8IveTAoAnp6eYIt6W" ErResy66ozwzY,p9 P99,9hePea2OEIAeIpYzWvSo 0wTeX6nvOxAeBIbOpeXWvYL.,oYefL1mHIre#IH6PxO~zsXU6xueqFCe8FeU)er
***End Transmission***

Anonymous said...

Yes Please, Can you please be at church to drive on Friday? Thanks!