A little about my week again. I told some of you that I was not looking for another job (full-time or part-time) as I was content on just focusing on school for the moment. However, I received a call yesterday morning from the foothills hospital about a possible position and to come in for an interview today. While going in to the interview this morning I realized that I didn't even know for what position this was for, as I had sent in a couple resumes to different positions, haha. The closest possibility was from my latest resume sent in for a lift-team position which I had my old dad's new wife send in for me through internal sources. :P During my interview, I found out that it's a combination of lift-team and porter (a position I had applied for back in September), so that was awesome. There's apparently 4-5 people being interviewed and only 3 spots open, so hopefully I get one of them. If I do, I'll be working Casual-Relief, but I finally get my foot in the health-care door and it will be perfect training/practice for paramedics as well. Now to make sure I stay on top of my schooling while working as well, haha, oh boy, I sure hope I can handle the extra workload. I guess that's all for now.
Simple Difference
There once was a man who was deeply contemplating life. He Asked God to help him understand. God sent an Angel to take him on a little trip. The Angel brought him to an Elevator and down, down, down they went.
When the doors opened, the man saw a huge banquet table. Seated around the table were horribly miserable looking people. They were starving, not much more than skin and bone, and yet the table was full of every food imaginable. The man quickly turned to the Angel and said, "Why don't they eat?"
The Angel said, "Watch closely." The man watched and realized that the utensils the people were trying to eat with were six feet long. Try as they may, they couldn't get the food into their mouths. They would stab the food, try to flip the food into their mouths, but the food fell to the floor, the wall ..... seemingly everywhere but into their mouths. When someone tried to reach out with their hands to get the food, it instantly turned to stone.
A table flush with food and everyone was starving. Soon the man couldn't take any more of this misery and said, "I've seen enough." So they got in the elevator and shot up, up and up.
When the door opened, the man was astonished. Before them was an almost identical scene. Another table full of every imaginable food. Hugh six foot utensils, and people seated all around poking at the food. The shocking difference here was that everyone was laughing, happy, joyous and well fed. He then saw a woman seated at the table try and use her hand to catch a carrot that was rolling off the table. As she caught it, it turned to stone. She tossed it into a pile and they all laughed.
The man frustrated said, "I don't get it, everything is the same but these people are so happy. Why?"
"Watch and see," the Angel said with a gentle smile. Then at once it hit him. There was ONE SIMPLE DIFFERENCE. THE HAPPIER PEOPLE were using THE UTENSILS TO FEED ONE ANOTHER, while THE OTHERS were using THE UNTENSILS TO FEED THEMSELVES.
8 comments:
Cool dude...I hope you get the job.
yeah, just do your best in the interview and God's will will pevail! :)
Good Luck Geo. I LOVE the lift team! They're awesome and are such a great help, but please be careful of your back.
Yeah, I know... my poor back, haha. But that's why getting this job will be such a plus to my career in paramedics. Practice, practice, practice... getting the technique down pat now will save my back in the long run.
Nice story!
I'll pray for you on that job. Let us know!
BORING! ;)
Jacklyn is funny... for a boring person! :)
I hope that you get the job... good luck dood
Post a Comment