Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Back To School

Well... after a semester away from school, I'm finally back. This time round, I'll be taking my EMR at SAIT. Today was the first day. It was just orientation, so it wasn't anything much, but it's good to hear that I got into the program at a good time. Apparently, there is a high demand for paramedics right now and should be at its peak when I graduate in a couple years. Excellent.
Bad news is that one of my instructors dropped out due to personal reasons and my lab schedule has been changed to fit with the new instructor that came in. Which means that I can no longer attend Breakforth. Which SUCKS, cause I was really looking forward to going, and I really wanted to see Kutless in concert as well. But I guess that isn't going to happen anymore. It sucks even more that I can't get a refund on my registration cause it's past the deadline. SO... if somebody wants to go, they can take my registration. Currently, Jenny is priority, since I ended up talking to her first after I found out I couldn't go. :P But she is still checking her schedule, so yeah. Let me know if you're interested. It is $127.33. But honestly, I'll give discounts where needed. :P
Otherwise, I'm going to be studying a ton now... and hopefully I understand everything and do well. I want to graduate near the top of the class so I can jump right into city instead of having to move out to some rural area for a number of years before coming back. Also, I want to do really well so I can get into tactical EMT - get to train alongside SWAT and be the team that goes in to such situations. Apparently, I won't get a gun, haha, but oh well... it should still make things more interesting.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu not Man enough to make it into SWAT BOY!!!

Anonymous said...

j/k

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found something you want to do.

Anonymous said...

u sound happy with EMT. congrats on being happy. =D

Anonymous said...

i would hope that you would enver get a chance to have a gun.. HA jk.. congrats.. you know how i feel... good luck with everything this sem

Anonymous said...

good to hear that you're so excited...now you just have to work really really hard!! hehe...

SWAT team...that sounds dangerous...

Anonymous said...

Well, it's not exactly SWAT team. I don't get all their gear (weapons, grenades, armor, etc). I get trained ALONG side with SWAT and I'll go to the situations that SWAT is called in for. I won't actually GO IN to the danger zone with them, but I'll be around in a non-reflective paramedic uniform. :P

Anonymous said...

Forget about all your classes etc...you can't make it to breakforth? Booo!