Tuesday, July 05, 2005

He Shoots and He Scores

Alright! We finally scored a goal in soccer, and not only that, but we finally won a game. :P It took us 3 games to finally score a goal (and it happened in such a way that we barely even celebrated the goal, haha) but we finally scored, that's all that matters. :P And we won the game 3-1... BONUS!! Strange thing though, was that we added AJ and Jon to the roster and another unrestricted free-agent that asked if we needed more players... and we still only had 3 guy subs, and no girl subs. I thought we were going to lose for sure because we had so few players show up for the game, but nope, we actually did pretty good. I think it was the fact that we were more comforatable with our positions and we weren't switching positions all the time because of line-up changes or anything, so that probably helped. We still arn't the best positional team, hehe, but it has improved drastically from our first game. Kenric also played really well today, I think the practice we made him go through on Sunday helped him a lot, cause his positioning in goal was much better tonight.

But now I am exhausted... because VBS started yesterday and now I have to wake up at 7 in the morning everyday and staying alert and active with so many kids everyday is really tiring. But so far, VBS has been going really well. No major thing/disturbance has occured yet, so that's great. :P But like always, we already have tons of things to talk about and complain about and to laugh about. Ahhh, the good times of VBS. :P It's a good thing that we did change up our structure though, cause with 35+ kids everyday, it's extremely hard to keep them together as a group. So, THANK YOU GOD. All things happen for a reason, and this is why we thought of doing it this way, because You knew how many kids we would end up having this year. Alright, time to sleep... and wake up early to figure out what to do for an animal costume....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard you tripped over the grass and tried to head the ball when it was on the ground :)

Geo said...

Actually, I prefer Alex's explanation better... I ran so fast that the ground couldn't keep up. :P

Havok said...

Actaully, Dick's 3 explanation possibilities were even more convincing:

You fell because:

a) you tripped
b) you were trying to do a cartwheel
c) you're afraid of black ppl

:P