Sunday, January 30, 2005

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

Well, the second day of Breakforth has just gone by and it was really really long, but really enjoyable as well. Started off the day as a room host for 700 guests and I even got to introduce Jill Briscoe with her elective on 'The Renewing of the Holy Spirit'. It was really difficult trying to talk over 700 people without a mic, but it worked out in the end, though I accidently introduced her as Dr. Jill Briscoe... and she went up and said that she wasn't a doctor. :) whoops. After that, I quickly bought and eat lunch before heading off to host another elective. The second elective was a Jazz in Worship course by Matt Day, in which Jon Wong was attending as well. :) However, I didn't understand anything that was being said, as I am not musically inclined, so I think I accidently dozed off for a couple minutes at the back of the room. Whoops. :)

So... my schedule stated that I was done for the day after hosting those two seminars. But since it was still relatively early and me being bored, I went around asking supervisors if they needed extra help. Lo and behold, I ended up joining the equipment team at the Crowne Plaza in taking down some equipment. However, strangely... I got a call from Tommy saying that my name had been called for being an usher at that evening's general assembly, so I had to rush back to the Shaw Conference center to figure out what was going on. And what I figured out was that somebody forgot to type in one of my shifts on my schedule... and I was actually supposed to be ushering that night. Hmmm, I actually havn't even eaten dinner yet cause that shift took over my dinner time... oh well...

But you know what?? I kept wanting and asking for more to do at this conference instead of the 11 hours that I was originally scheduled for. And I think by the end of tomorrow night, I'll have logged over 20 hours, as I stayed on an extra 4 hours after my 4 hour shift for the general assembly. So, you know what?? Ask and you shall receive with abundance. :)

I guess the hi-light of the day was the evening general assembly with Paul Baloche, who led an AWESOME worship concert. But to follow up on the awesome worship was K.P. Yohannan, and anybody who has ever heard him speak will agree with me that he is one of the BEST speakers ever. And he did not dissappoint, his sermon touched the entire congregation and brought me and probably the majority to tears with just a sense of renewal in the Holy Spirit and a reconnection with our Lord and Saviour. Dr. KP was so good that we even gave him a standing ovation to end off his time. Then we had an alter call for all those who wanted to take that extra step to show their total commitment to follow Jesus wherever He leads them, which then led to a call to prayer, where hundreds went to the prayer rooms. Overall, the evening service was just terrific. And to end it off, the Rock and Roll Worship Concert was there for the late-night concert. They were good, but not exactly my type, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Starfield (tsk did I actually say that?? haha...) And they were really, really loud, so I think a lot of people left because of that. But it was one teriffic day, but man am I going to be exhausted tomorrow... and even more exhausted on Monday for school...

No comments: