So, my mom sent me out to Vancouver to get my car fixed by my uncle (whose a mechanic). Don't know if it's cheaper that way. But that's what I was told to do, so I did it. At first, I was really scared about driving on my own for the 10+ hours required both ways, but it wasn't bad. It was great having my iPod and the FM transmitter cause the variety made listening to music and driving a lot more enjoyable. Drank Aloe drinks there and back and ate beef jerky as well. Don't think I'll make driving my day job though cause my bad hurt a LOT after each drive. But overall, not bad. And now I know I can drive to Vancouver and back without any problems. Maybe a driving companion to talk to would make it a little bit better though (someone I enjoy talking to for long spans of time). Though, I think the biggest problem there is finding someone willing to talk with me for that long of a time. =)
Anyways, I ended up heading out to Kelowna after dropping off my car and spent 4 days on the lake. It was awesome. Did some tubing and even tried some knee-boarding (next time, maybe I'll try to step up to the wakeboard or the water ski's!). Got burnt because I clearly didn't put enough sunblock on!! But it was still a great time just having fun and relaxing out on the lake! One of those times where it makes me wish I had a girlfriend to share that time with. Sigh...
And then Canada day came along and I REALLY wished I had a girlfriend to share that day with... we took the boat out at night to watch the fireworks! It was sweet... we had no idea where the fireworks were going to be set off, so we were just floating around Kelowna and then the fireworks ended up being set off within 800 meters of where we were (I think we ended up floating about 500 meters away from the fireworks barge by the end of it)!! Closest I've ever been to a firework display! It was great! But having a girl there to enjoy it with would have made it so much more memorable. Sigh... Kinda wish I brought a camera too...
But... as it stands. It was still a great little holiday.
And now... I have a couple days to get things done around the home. Check up on school stuff quickly. And then it's off for the big vacation with the family over in Europe!
No comments:
Post a Comment