Friday, March 17, 2006

Terminated

CRAP! I just got my contract terminated. Not because I failed my health assessment (which I didn't), but becuase they say I'm not available for shifts enough. What the crap. I've been open with them from the very beginning about being in school and everything and they said that it wouldn't be a problem that they would understand. I've refused 3 shifts so far and taken 3. 2 of them I refused because of school and one because I couldn't make it in on time. ARGH! It's just so frustrating when they say everything will be fine and that they understand and then they let you go because of the exact reasons they guaranteed were fine. Then they compare myself to the other people who have been trained at the same time I was... all of them not having school or other issues to deal with AND they say they've taken more shifts then me, NO DUH! they've also been receiving more calls to go in. ARGH, it's so frustrating... you work so hard to get work and school balanced and then they decide that you arn't trying hard enough!

Man... I didn't realize how much I loved this job until today... For the records... I'm crying again. Refuse a shift to force myself to study for 6 hours only to have that be a major reason why I get fired. Refuse a shift so I can make it to my dad's birthday dinner and get fired. Refuse a shift so I can go to school and get fired. And apparently they said that I've refused more shifts then that even though I never got those calls, what the crap. SO PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's ok geo... It's not the end of the world as you know it... you'll feel fine... (that's a song by the way)

atleast you get to go to church now... and hang out on sundays again... and now you get to focus more on school...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know. First time ever getting fired though... and for reasons that I was guaranteed were fine when I got hired. Unfortunately, all the guarantees were done by my training supervisor and I was "terminated" by his supervisor. And I thought being a casual meant I didn't have to show up everytime if I wasn't available, apparently not. But yeah, looking at the positives... I can focus on school a lot more now. And considering how short-staffed VBS is currently, I can help shore that up. Also, I have found a job that I really liked, something that I really enjoy doing, and that involes working with people and helping them. Looks like healthcare might be the right direction after all.

Anonymous said...

well now you know that you are capable of finding and doing a job like the one you had..you can always apply for other places that may have jobs like this one too... keep your head high silly... dont forget.. study hard too

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your job. It could have something to do with the collective agreement as well. Focus on school, study and work hard.

Anonymous said...

wow, crystal said everything I wanted to say...:) Don't worry dude, that job was just something small in a bigger plan for you...seriously! You'll find something better one day....I guess that means we get to hang out with Geo more now :)